Hardiflexis a building product manufactured by James Hardie Industries. Here, we explain what is Hardiflex made of, its advantages, Hardiflex price, and more.
Hardiflex building boards are smooth, durable, tough, and flexible building products. The boards are also versatile. They can be installed on walls, ceilings, soffits, eaves, gables, and others. Below, we tell you what Hardiflex is, Hardiflex price, its advantages, and the price list.
What Is Hardiflex?
Hardiflex is a building product created by James Hardie Industries. Hardiflex is a smooth, durable, and versatile building board that can be used for various general building purposes, including ceilings and walls.
What is Hardiflex made of? The fiber cement is manufactured from treated cellulose fiber, finely ground sand, Portland semen, and water. Hardiflex does not contain asbestos.
Hardiflex has many advantages, such as :
- Easy to work with
- One of the best things about Hardiflex building boards is that it is easy to work with. Not only that, but it is also durable and adaptable.
- Hardiflex is an excellent choice for various general building purposes. It is tough, flexible, and versatile, making it a cost-effective solution.
- Not affected by water
- The building product is created in a way that it is resistant to permanent water.
- Termite proof
- Hardiflex is resistant to termite damage.
- Will not burn
- The building boards are designed to be fire resistant. They will not burn.
- Although Hardiflex is fire resistant and offers good insulation, it doesn’t contain asbestos.
- Ready to paint
- Hardiflex building boards are ready to paint. You can use both water-based and oil-based paints on them.
Hardifilex Price List
How much is Hardiflex in Philippines? The price of the boards varies from one thickness to another. Here’s the price list of Hardiflex building boards with a 3.5mm, 4.5mm, 6.00, and 9.0mm thickness.
|3.5 mm||Solution for internal residential applications smaller than 6 square meters||₱ 437.00|
|4.5 mm||The board is a good solution for low-traffic internal walls as well||₱ 538.00.|
|6.00 mm||It suits residential applications with mid to high rises quite well. |
A good solution for internal walls with low to medium traffic.
|9.00 mm||It is a premium wall solution that can withstand dents and bumps, |
has more resistance to impact, and can be given a more premium finish to improve its looks.
Gypsum Board vs. Hardfilex
While gypsum board and Hardiflex have similarities, they do have their differences. For example, Hardiflex is more impact-resistant and durable than gypsum board. On the flip side, Hardiflex is heavier than gypsum board.
The two building products are also different when it comes to working with them. You can cut gypsum board using a utility knife easily, something you can’t do to Hardiflex. To cut Hardiflex, you will need at least a handsaw or a special knife.
Also, Hardiflex is not affected by water. It is resistant to permanent water. On the other hand, the gypsum board is not waterproof. At best, gypsum board with moisture-resistant paper is water-resistant.
Hardiflex building boards are versatile building products that can be used for various general building purposes. Hardiflex price varies. For example, a Hardiflex Fiber Cement Board with 3.5 mm thickness is ₱437.00, while a board with 4.5 mm thickness is priced at ₱538.00