Plywood is a building material commonly used for construction, repairs, and crafts. Here, we explain what plywood is, 10 plywood types, and plywood price.
At glance, plywood may look like a simple board made of wood. In reality, plywood is much more than that.
Plywood is a commonly used building material. It is used not only for construction and repairs but also for crafts. Below, we explain what plywood is, its types, and plywood price.
What is Plywood?
It is a building material manufactured from thin layers of wood veneer. Typically, these layers of wood veneer are glued.
In some higher-grade plywood, the wood veneers are pressed, heated, and undergo more elaborate manufacturing processes.
There are many types of plywood. The thickness of each type of plywood is based on the number of layers or plies it has.
The most common type is 3-ply, which means it has 3 plies. The sturdier types come in 5- or more ply.
Types and Price of Plywood
Here are the 10 most common types of plywood and their prices. Keep in mind that the prices we listed are based on a sheet of plywood at the most common size, which is 1/2” x 4’ x 8’)
1.Softwood Plywood Price
- A type of plywood made of redwood, cedar, pine, fir, or spruce. Softwood plywood is used for construction and industrial purposes for sub-flooring, roof sheathing, and exterior frames.
- Softwood plywood price: ₱2,396.71
2.Hardwood Plywood Price
- A type of plywood made from oak, mahogany, maple, walnut, and others. It is used for various applications, including heavy-duty floor and wall structures, doors, furniture, and more.
- Price: ₱2,024.00
3.Tropical Plywood Price
- A type of plywood made from a mix of tropical timber. Known for its low cost, strength, and density, tropical plywood is typically used for construction purposes.
- Price: ₱4,503.48
4.Aircraft Plywood Price
- A type of plywood made from birch, mahogany, and spruce. Aircraft plywood is used in projects that require woods with industrial-grade strength.
- Price: ₱10,415.03
5.Decorative Plywood Price
- Decorative plywood is a type of plywood made from rosewood, red oak, maple, teak, mahogany, maple, and others. It is known for its beautiful surface and durability.
- Price: ₱3,095.86
6.Flexible Plywood Price
- A type of plywood known for its flexibility, flexibly plywood is usually used for making curved parts. This type of plywood typically comes in at 1/8” or 3/8” inch thickness.
- Price: ₱2,814.46
7.Marine Plywood Price
- A type of plywood manufactured using a durable face and core veneers. This type of plywood is good for humid and wet conditions.
- Plywood price Philippines: ₱4,841.28
8.Exterior Plywood Price
- A type of plywood that is durable, robust, and can handle the elements very well. It can withstand wind, rain, snow, and weather conditions for a few years.
- Price: ₱2,621.91
9.Overlaid Plywood Price
- A type of plywood known for its decorative qualities, overlaid plywood is made from maple, mahogany, teak, maple, and others.
- Price: ₱3,095.86
10.Structural Plywood Price
- Also known as sheathing plywood, structural plywood is strong and sturdy. This type of plywood is used more for permanent building structures as well as framing strength. While the plywood is strong, it has an unfinished look.
- Structural plywood price: ₱2,251.46
Plywood Price List and Size
How much is the price of plywood in Philippines? Here is the price list:
|Material description/Size||Unit||Average price (in ₱)|
|Plyboard 3/4” x 4’ x 8’||1 pc||1,081|
|Plyboard 1” x 4’ x 8’||1 pc||1,126|
|Plywood Marine 1/4” x 4’ x 8’||1 pc||426|
|Plywood Marine 1/2″ x 4’ x 8’||1 pc||776|
|Plywood Marine 3/4” x 4’ x 8’||1 pc||1,356|
|Plywood Ordinary 1/4″ x 4’ x 8’||1 pc||389|
|Plywood Ordinary 1/2″ x 4’ x 8’||1 pc||696|
|Plywood Ordinary 3/4” x 4’ x 8’||1 pc||1,176|
Plywood is a commonly used building material for good reasons. The building material is lightweight, strong, and looks great.
There are various types available, each with its own unique properties. Similar to its types. Plywood price varies, too. Overall, it is a building material that offers good value for money.