Decades ago, steel beams were not common construction material. However, now they have become one of the essential materials in construction.
They are available in several shapes, such as C channels. The C channel price Philippines is not far too different from the prices of beams with other profiles.
Moreover, C channels are available in several different grade qualities and sizes. Therefore, you can apply them to various applications.
What is C Channel
C channel steel beam is a structural component made of metal. C-channel manufacturers create this material by applying a hot-roll forming process on metal strips. Therefore, people also call C channels hot roll formed C channels.
As its name suggests, the C channels have a C profile. The wide part of the C profile is the web.
Meanwhile, the two parts on the web’s sides are flanges. Some channel steels have tapered flanges, but others have parallel flanges.
The C channel beam is more flexible and lighter than other structural steel materials, such as I-beams.
However, the C channel steel offers greater strength than the angle iron and better rigidity than flat steel.
What is the Use of C Channel?
You can use C channels for various types of constructions.
- Door Frames
C channels make excellent door frames. C-channel door frames are more secure and tighter than wood door frames. In addition, these metal frames are non-flammable and strong.
- Wall Studs
Wall studs made of C-channel steel are more durable than wooden studs. The metal wood studs are perfect for areas with high amounts of moisture.
Moreover, the C-channel wall studs provide excellent support for various wall structures, such as cement, drywall, and paneling.
- Vehicle Frames
Vehicle frames must be strong enough to support the chassis, engine, etc. Therefore, vehicle manufacturers use C channels to make these frames. Vehicle frames made of C channels can also protect drivers from minor accidents.
Various parts of bridges need C channels, for example, girders, trestles, and trusses. These channels will keep all the parts of the bridge intact.
You can use C channels as rafters or I-joist replacements. C-channel rafters prevent the roof structure from collapsing during windy weather. Moreover, replacing the I-joists with C channels will make the roof structure stronger and have a uniform weight distribution.
What is C Channel Type?
You can find the aluminum C channel beam and C channel steel in the Philippines. They come in several types.
- C Channel Types Based on Surface Treatment
C channels are available in three choices of surface treatments.
- Black C channel steel has a non-treated surface. This material is not rust-resistant. Therefore, it is rare for people to use this channel steel.
- Hot-dipped galvanized C Channel has a zinc coating on its surface. The coating will protect the steel from corrosion caused by weather.
- Primer C Channels have a primer on their surface to prevent them from corrosion. The primer offers better protection than the galvanized coating.
- C Channel Types Based on Grades of Qualities
C channels are also available in several grades. Below are examples of C channel grades.
- 304/304L Duplex Grade Stainless Steel : This material has higher nickel and chromium content compared to other stainless-steel alloys. Therefore, it is more resistant to corrosion. It is also strong and weldable.
- 316/316L Duplex Grade Stainless Steel: The availability of 316/316L C channels is not as abundant as that of 304/304 C channels. The 316/316L C channels are best for marine applications and off-shore facilities.
- 2205 Duplex Grade Stainless Steel: The 2205 C channel is perfect for almost any type of construction due to its greater strength and better corrosion resistance. Consequently, the 2205 C channel price Philippines is more expensive
How Strong is C Channel?
Metal C channel steel’s strength depends on particular aspects, such as the chemical composition of the steel. The ASTM A36/A36M-08 C channels, for example, have strength specifications as follows.
- Shear strength: 43,500 psi
- Yield tensile strength: 47,700 psi
- Ultimate tensile strength: 58,000 psi
C Channel Price List
How much is the C channel price Philippines? The price of this structural steel varies widely depending on size, grade, and other factors.
Below is the list of C channel prices Philippines.
|Name of the Products||C Channel Steel Size||C Channel Price Philippines|
|ASTM-A36 C Channel||2 x 3 x 3 mm||₱1,700|
|2 x 3 x 5 mm||₱2,260|
|2 x 4 x 4 mm||₱2,660|
|2 x 4 x 5 mm||₱3,190|
|2 x 6 x 5 mm||₱5,020|
|C-purlin||2x 3 x 1 mm||₱520|
|2 x 3 x 1.5 mm||₱780|
|2 x 7 x 1.8 mm||₱1,990|
|C Channel Furring – Carrying Channel||12 x 38 x 0.5 mm||₱72|
|Double Furring||19 x 50 x 0.3 mm||₱80|
|Metal Stud Furring||32 x 52 x 0.5 mm||₱91|
What is the Difference Between U Channel and C Channel?
The C channel bar steel and U channel bar steel have a big resemblance regarding their profile. However, the U channels have a deeper channel creating a U shape.
In addition, you can use both of them for different applications. The C channel steel is used for construction, equipment building, industry, and machinery.
Meanwhile, U-channel steel is mostly applicable to various parts of construction.
C channel steel is an essential part of construction and machinery because it offers strong support and durability.
Due to its excellent durability and high corrosion resistance, it is understandable that C channel price Philippines tends to be more expensive than the Filipinos want.