The MS plate is one of the most versatile metal materials. Due to its versatility, many different industries use this metal plate for various purposes.
This versatility also makes MS plates in high demand. Therefore, MS plate price Philippines tends to be quite competitive.
If you need to purchase MS plates, you can order them from the online marketplace or the official website of an MS plate manufacturer.
However, you need to know more about this plate before purchasing it. Therefore, you know what to expect from your purchase.
MS Plate Meaning
What is MS plate? An MS plate is a mild steel plate. Its shape can be rectangular or square, depending on how the manufacturers process and cut the plate.
MS plates come in different sizes, thicknesses, and grades. Therefore, they are ideal for a wide array of applications.
- What is MS plate made of? – The main composition of the MS plate is mild carbon steel. This steel contains low amounts of carbon and trace elements, such as manganese, silicon, and sulfur. The amount of carbon varies between 0.05% and 0.25%
- Characteristics – The low carbon amount of MS plates gives them better characteristics than other steel materials. MS plates are more weldable, ductile, machinable, and malleable. Moreover, they also have excellent strength and resistance to corrosion caused by salt water.
- Manufacturing Process – MS plate manufacturers generally apply two main processes in manufacturing their products. These processes are hot-rolled and cold-rolled. The manufacturers will apply the hot-rolled process first and the cold rolled next.
- Grades – MS plates are available in several grades. Based on the US specifications, the grades of MS plates are ASTM A36, ASTM A283 grade C, ASTM A285 grade C, etc. The higher grade, such as A 36, MS plate price Philippines is higher than the lower grade, such as A238 C.
- Types – MS plates come in two types, i.e., smooth MS plates and checkered MS plates. The latter has a surface with diamond-like patterns. They are generally for vehicle flooring.
Use of MS Plate
MS plates are ideal for wide arrays of applications. However, you must pay attention to the thickness of steel plate and MS plate size before you use the plate.
Therefore, you can get a suitable plate for your project.
Below are several projects or applications that require MS plates.
- Road signs
- Home decoration
- Doors, windows, and frames
- Military vehicles and equipment
- Agriculture industries
- Heavy lifting and engineering equipment
- Oil, gas, and petrochemical industries
MS Plate Size and Price
MS plates come in wide ranges of dimensions. Some manufacturers offer MS plate sizes ranging from 2000 x 1000 mm to 4000 x 2000 mm.
Others offer larger MS plates on request, such as 4000 x 15000 mm, 3000 x 12000 mm, and 2000 x 6000 mm.
Meanwhile, the thickness of MS plates varies from 2 mm to 150 mm. Due to these varied sizes, the weight of MS plate also varies greatly.
They also affect the MS plate price Philippines.
The estimated MS plate prices in the Philippines are as follows.
|Masayoshi MS Plate||0.2 x 2.4 m||5 mm||₱1,800|
|1.2 x 2.4 m||5 mm||₱2,750|
|1.2 x 2.4 m||12 mm||₱3,550|
|0.15 x 2.4 m||5 mm||₱1,500|
|1.2 x 2.4 m||20 mm||₱3,950|
|20 x 400 mm||550 mm||₱3,100|
|1.2 x 2.4 m||10 mm||₱3,300|
|MS Checkered Plate||1.2 x 2.4 m||2 mm||₱4,400|
|1.2 x 2.4 m||3 mm||₱5,500|
|1.2 x 2.4 m||5 mm||₱7,400|
Advantages of MS Plate
Manufacturers of various industries use MS plates because these plates offer some benefits.
- Cost-Effective : The MS plate price Philippines may not be as affordable as other metal plates. However, using MS plates in manufacturing many products is cost-effective because they are durable and have many excellent characteristics.
- Ductility : MS plates are ductile. You can easily shape them into various forms without compromising the toughness and durability of the plates.
- Customizable : You can easily customize MS plates into various products according to clients’ requests. It is because MS plates are weldable and easy to cut.
- Easy to Install : MS plates tend to be easy to install because they are lightweight. Their easy installation and light weight also make MS plate installation processes require less labor, costs, and time.
- Eco-Friendly : As a metal material, MS plates are not degradable. However, you can recycle and reuse them. And the best thing about recycled MS plates is that their quality is almost as good as new.
- Resistant to Abrasion : Frictions and repetitive rubbing and scrapping will not cause MS plates to wear and tear easily. Therefore, MS plate products will look great for a long time.
- Fine Surface Finish : MS plates have a fine surface finish. Therefore, they will give your products a more attractive appeal. The fine surface finish will also allow you to work efficiently because you don’t need to spend much time grinding, sanding, and honing the plate.
Disadvantages of MS Plate
The main disadvantages of MS plates are:
- They are not as strong as carbon steel plates. Consequently, MS plates are only fit for low-stress applications.
- Heat treatment will not result in significant improvements. In creating steel products, metalworkers usually apply heat treatment to make the steel harder and stronger. However, due to the low-carbon amount, heat treatment will not make MS plates harder.
MS plates are plates made of low-carbon steel. These plates come in various sizes and the MS plate price Philippines depends on them. Moreover, MS plates are weldable, ductile, and easy to shape.
Therefore, MS plates are ideal for wide arrays of applications, from doors to military vehicles.