Do you have a burning desire to know the stainless steel sheet price Philippines. Search no more!
Stainless steel sheets come in various types, including austenitic, ferritic, and martensitic stainless steel, each with unique properties and advantages.
When it comes to their price in the Philippines, it can vary depending on factors such as the grade, thickness, and finish of the sheet.
On average, you can find stainless steel sheets starting from around ₱130 per square meter.
In this article, we will explore the different types of stainless steel sheets available, highlight their properties and advantages, and provide you with a comprehensive price guide.
Find the perfect stainless steel sheet to meet your needs and enhance your projects within your budget.
Types of Stainless Steel Sheet
Stainless steel sheets are sheets made of stainless steel.
They are almost similar to stainless plates, but stainless sheets are thinner.
Stainless steel sheet thickness is typically no more than 6 mm.
Moreover, the stainless steel sheet price Philippines is slightly more affordable than the plate price.
You can use stainless sheets for various purposes, such as food storage and production, countertops, and sinks.
However, you must ensure that you use an ideal stainless sheet for your project because stainless steel sheet Philippines is available in several types.
1.Austenitic Stainless Steel
Austenite is a solution of iron and carbon and the primary microstructure of austenitic stainless steel sheets.
This type of stainless sheet contains 70% austenitic, 6% nickel, and 16% chromium.
Austenitic Stainless steel sheets are tough, non-magnetic, and don’t harden easily when heated.
However, austenitic stainless steel sheet price Philippines is more expensive than other types.
2.Ferritic Stainless Steel
Ferritic stainless steel sheets don’t contain nickel.
The chromium percentage in this material ranges from 10.5% to 18%. Therefore, these stainless sheets are typically affordable.
Ferritic stainless sheets have common stainless steel characteristics.
These magnetic sheets can withstand stress corrosion well and don’t harden easily due to heat treatment.
3.Martensitic Stainless Steel
Martensitic stainless sheets have lower chromium and higher iron than the other two types of stainless steel sheets.
Therefore, martensitic stainless sheets have lower resistance to rust.
They have higher hardenability and do not display poor weldability.
Moreover, you can improve the properties of these magnetic stainless sheets by heating them.
Properties of Stainless Steel Sheet
Stainless steel sheets have some appealing properties.
Therefore, it is no surprise stainless steel sheet price Philippines is rather pricey. Below are several properties of stainless steel sheets.
- Attractive finish: Most stainless steel sheets have an attractive finish because they are finely polished or have a mirror finish.
- Tough: These sheets can withstand pressure well. Moreover, they are resistant to oxidation.
- Various Choices: Stainless sheets are available in many finishes, sizes, and types.
- Grades: These sheets are available in several grades, such as 200 series, 300 series, and 400 series. Particular grades are only suitable for specific applications.
Advantages Of Stainless Steel Sheet
Stainless steel sheets offer some advantages for their users.
- Versatile: These sheets are a versatile material. You can use these sheets for choices of applications.
- Tough: Stainless steel sheets are tough because they are resistant to pressure, heat, and corrosion. Therefore, they are durable and long-lasting.
- Sleek appearance: The attractive finish of stainless sheets makes items made of this material a sleek appearance.
- Non-Reactive: Stainless steel sheets are non-reactive. Therefore, they are great for cooking tools. Stainless cooking tools will not react when you use them to cook acidic food.
- Easy to Work: Working with stainless steel sheets is relatively easy. You can bend them fairly easily. It will be easier to do it if you have the right equipment.
- Easy to Clean: These sheets are easy to clean because of their smooth surface and corrosion resistance.
Stainless Steel Sheet Price Philippines
You can purchase stainless sheets in a variety of sizes. One of the most common ones is size 4×8.
You can type ‘stainless steel sheets 4×8 near me’ on Google and find them easily. The stainless steel sheets 4×8 prices are rather costly due to the large size of the product.
However, stainless steel sheet price doesn’t only depend on sizes, but also grades. Below is the 2023 stainless steel sheet price Philippines list.
|Stainless Steel Sheet Products||Size||Grade||Price|
|Stainless Steel Sheet Plain Finish||0.7 x 4 x 8 ft||304||₱3,000|
|0.4 mm, 4×8 ft||304||₱2,200|
|Stainless Steel Sheet Hairline/Brush Finish||1 mm, 4×8 ft||304||₱4,700|
|2 mm, 4×8 ft||304||₱10,000|
|Stainless Steel Sheet Fine Polished||0.5 x 100 x 100 mm||304||₱130|
|0.1 x 100 x 1000 mm||304||₱1,000|
|Stainless Steel Sheet||2.5 x 300 x 500 mm||304||₱3,600|
|3 x 300 x 500 mm||316||₱5,750|
|0.5 x 300 x 500 mm||316||₱1,703|
Stainless steel sheets are durable thin sheets made of stainless steel with a sleek appearance.
Stainless steel sheet price Philippines highly depends on sizes, grades, and finishes.
Therefore, a plain stainless sheet is typically more affordable than a sheet with a particular finish of the same size.